Enjoy your freedom.
Discover the beautiful Wittgenstein district with all of its appeal.
The European bison are here – and you can see them first hand. Ever wanted to see these impressive forest dwellers up close? Hike along historic paths in Sauerland and the Wittgensteiner Forests? Hotel Alte Schule is the perfect starting point for a hike to the Bison Wilderness at Rothaarsteig with an overnight hotel stay. You’ll begin your “bison safari” directly at the Berleburg Palace and hike towards Wingeshausen to the Bison Wilderness (approximately 15 km). Sorry, but dogs are not allowed in the Bison Wilderness. A hiking guide can be booked for groups and will provide details on the background of the nature protection project. Guided hikes through the Bison park are also available for groups.
- 2 nights in a double room
- 2 hearty breakfasts at the fireplace
- Entry for 2 into the Bison Wilderness
- Lunch packet
- Paulchen, the stuffed toy bison (per room)
- Bison vodka at the fire for a night cap
- One 2-course meal and one 3-course meal
- Shoe cleaning service for your hiking boots
- Path description and information about the nature protection project
€216 per person in a double room
€226 per person in a romantic category double room
€256 per person in the suite with free-standing tub
€226 in a single room
Reservation hotline: +49 2751 92047-80